Below is a list of the campus policies & guidelines that all event coordinators and participants are required to follow.

All events on campus should also follow the Time, Place and Manner of Free Expression Policy.

Per EM:P11-01 Comprehensive University Policy Regarding Use of Alcoholic Beverages, “when alcohol is to be served as part of an activity of a University recognized group or student organization, it is the responsibility of the designated sponsors to ensure that individuals under age 21 do not consume alcohol. Where appropriate controls cannot be satisfactorily established, authorization will not be given for the serving of alcohol.

At any event at which alcohol is available, non-alcoholic beverages and foods also will be available. Such offerings will be as prominently displayed as any alcoholic beverage.

When events are held on University premises and alcoholic beverages are made available as part of the event, the following requirements will be met by the individuals or groups sponsoring the event:

  • Individuals or groups sponsoring the event shall ensure that alcoholic beverages are not accessible or served to persons under age 21 or to persons who appear intoxicated.

  • Only invited guests may attend.

  • If alcohol is being sold at a public event, all sponsoring agencies must hire a server insured for $1,000,000.00 minimum general liability and $1,000,000.00 minimum liquor liability, $2,000,000.00 aggregate. Servers employed by a licensed organization may not consume alcohol. (Private events at which alcohol is not sold are exempt from the requirement of a server.)

  • No event will include any form of alcoholic "drinking contest" in its activities or promotion.”

Anyone wishing to serve or consume alcohol on campus must have prior approval. The approval process ensures that the appropriate conditions and mechanisms are in place in order for this activity to take place in alignment with University policy.

Requests to serve alcoholic beverages shall be submitted on the Alcohol Approval Request form to the office of Risk Management and Safety Services (RM&SS) for approval no later than five business days prior to the event.

For more information on federal, state, and local sanctions regarding controlled substance as well as education & prevention resources visit the Alcohol & Drug Policy on the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities website.

If after reviewing the above documents, you have more questions, contact the Risk Management & Safety Services office (located in Student & Business Services Building, room 311) at (707) 826-3512.