Community Event Planning

Event Steps

  1. Check out our Available Facilities and Pricing to see if we have a space that would fit your needs. 
  2. Complete the Application for Lease

  3. Please allow up to (2) business days for a CES team member to respond to an application. CES team members may reach out if more information is needed to develop an event quote.

  4. If facilities and resources are available for requested use, a facilities lease/ rental agreement will be prepared with facility use charges quoted. The agreement will be valid and space tentatively be held for up to 2 weeks or up to 96 hours prior to the event, whichever is shorter.

  5. Once a signed lease is returned to, along with required COI/ insurance information, a fully executed agreement will be prepared and a copy provided to the lessee.

  6. The agreement will be billed following the event. Payment in full is due within 30 days.

For questions email or call 707-826-5981.

Please allow 48 hours for a return response regarding your request.

Available Facilities and Pricing


What are your insurance requirements?

For information about the required insurance levels please see this page: Insurance Requirements 

What about catering?

For your event Cal Poly Humboldt does not have preferred vendors you are required to use however for your convenience we have an excellent catering company on campus who are prepared to fullfill your catering needs. For more information check out Humboldt Catering or contact Morgan McEvoy at (707) 826-4001,

What is the parking situation on campus?

Parking meters and parking fees must be paid Monday-Thursday 7:00 am - 10:00 pm and Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, every week (52 weeks) of the year. Parking fees are not required Fridays after 5:00 pm or on Saturdays and Sundays

If you would like to purchase a parking code for your attendees to cover the cost of parking during your event please let your Cal Poly Humboldt Event Coordinator know and it can be added to your final billing invoice.  

For more information about parking on campus please visit the Parking Page

I need a specific AV setup, can you do that?

The University provides basic, smart technology instructional media equipment such as LED monitors, LCD projectors, screens, and computers with audio capabilities in many spaces. Additional audio-visual items are available at extra cost. University reserves the right, at its discretion, to require an A/V tech at the customer’s expense if the event necessitates one. Complex events requiring A/V support will be charged the hourly rate for the support staff (2 hour minimum). Requests for A/V equipment or personnel must be made at least two (2) weeks prior to the event date. Late requests may not be accommodated and/or may result in additional charges.

We need the room laid out in a specific way for our event, can you do that?

Cal Poly Humboldt offers an array of rooms that provide some fixed and some flexible set-up configurations, based on code compliance and equipment inventory. Classrooms are reserved “as is”, with existing furniture and layouts. Moving furniture to or from classrooms to accommodate event activities is not permitted. Users will not be charged for a standard room set up.

We're going to need some additional help for our event, can you provide an extra person?

Staff may be required to support any event hosted on campus. This includes audio-visual, operations, event coordination, space access and/or event support staff. Due to the nature and complexity of an event, or if required based on the facility, staff may be required as an additional labor cost to the User. 

Requests for use of the Lumberjack Arena, Redwood Bowl, and music/theatre facilities may require the services and availability of event and/or technical staff.

The JVD requires trained staff in the operation of equipment, lighting, audio visual and acoustical enhancements. Therefore, any use of the space will also require the availability of a trained auditorium technician (as approved by the Theatre Director or CES).

Cal Poly Humboldt seeks to respond to community needs and the needs of the general public by sharing its resources and facilities for purposes that promote the mission and values of the University when it is mutually beneficial and when not needed for University programs and its activities. Organizations without University affiliation may use Cal Poly Humboldt facilities for charitable, civic, community, cultural, or educational activities which are operated on a not-for-profit basis. University facilities shall not be allowed for political fundraising activities or for personal or private gain.

The availability of campus facilities for use by organizations without University affiliation shall be subject to the needs and the convenience of the University. In the event of conflicting demands for use of facilities by organizations without University affiliation, scheduling priority shall be given to those activities that further the purposes and are in the best interest of the University.

Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center

The Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center is managed by University Advancement. It is not available for private rental agreements but campus departments, student clubs or organizations, campus affiliates, and community non-profit organizations are encouraged to inquire about the use of this space. Community non-profits will be allowed to use the facility once per academic year based on availability. There are no fees associated with the use of the space for the groups mentioned. For more information, please contact the HBAC building coordinator at 707-826-5100 or