Below you will find a list of the Residential Policies & Guidelines

All guests staying in campus housing must abide by the Residential policies.
For more information you can also view the Res Life & You handbook pdf

Advertisements for campus or community events must be submitted to the Housing Front Desk for approval and posting. If events are not sponsored through a campus office, they must have the University Approval Stamp. This stamp can be obtained at the University Center. The Director of Residence Life or designee will make approvals. Publicity that advertises the presence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited. Commercial or personal advertising with a University Approval Stamp will not be widely distributed, but placed on the bulletin board directly across from the Housing Office.

Electronic Displays
Publicity may also be displayed on electronic TV displays in the Jolly Giant Commons and College Creek Community Center. The image to display must be in JPG format, in portrait orientation and 1080x1920 (WxH). Email publicity requests to

“J” Posting Policy
The Director of Dining, maintains the “J” posting policy. If you wish to post something on the 4th floor of the JGC, you must obtain approval from the Director of Dining. Table tents are not accepted. It is recommended to email for information or a PowerPoint slide to use on the “J” television systems with the dimensions 1920x1484 (WxH).

The use of chalk on concrete surfaces to publicize events and programs is a fantastic way to reach a wide audience and reduce paper consumption. Chalking is only permitted if the event or activity is sponsored by the Residence Hall Association or a Residence Life Staff member.

Chalking may be present up to 72 hours and must be removed following the event or activity. Prior to chalking, you must submit a “chalking request” through your RLC to be submitted for approval. If approved you will then be allowed to chalk for your event/activity. For further information on chalking procedures and to obtain a “chalking request” form, please contact your RLC.