Community Members Planning

This section is for members of the community who do not have an active affiliation with Cal Poly Humboldt. 

If you are affiliated with Humboldt please review the Faculty/Staff/Department or Student Clubs & Organizations pages.

If you are community member and would like to have an event on campus see the questions and guidelines listed below and complete the request for services form.

Answer the following questions

  1. Who is paying the associated costs? 
  2. What is happening at the event? 
  3. Who is hosting/ Supervising/ Physically present at the event

Next Steps

  1. Send an inquiry to Conference & Event Services coordinator
    • Use “Request Services button to complete an inquiry form.
    • Email
    • Call (707) 826-5312
      • Please provide 48 hours for a return response regarding your request.
  2. Pending initial approval of the inquiry, an application or request form will need to be completed along with several other steps to secure your reservations. This will obtain the logistical information about your event such as the following;
    • Facilities requested, including dates, times and use descriptions.
    • Dining/Meal Plan or Catering needs
    • Parking permit needs
    • Housing needs
    • Technology  or equipment needs
    • Event needs
  3. Once the specifics needs have been established, the Conference & Event Services Coordinator will then work with you to complete the following;
    • Notifying Risk Management/ University Police of any high-risk events
    • Notifying Facilities Maintenance/ Custodial of any needed services
    • Notifying Campus Partners of any needed services or equipment
    • Provide Humboldt with requested insurance documents
    • Provide Humboldt with the requested Security documents
  4. A Facilities Lease agreement or Contract will be created and provided prior to the event.
  5. Contracts will be billed out following the event and payment is due in 30 days.