Below is a list of the campus policies & guidelines that all event coordinators and participants are required to follow.

All events on campus should also follow the Time, Place and Manner of Free Expression Policy.

Parking and Meter regulations are in effect every week throughout the year regardless of breaks in instruction. This includes permit and meter requirements between sessions, Fall and Spring breaks, and Winter Recess.

Academic Year parking regulations

The days and hours of these regulations are:

  • Monday-Thursday 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
  • Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • 52 weeks per year

All vehicles parked on campus property must display a valid University parking permit. 

Daily parking permits may be purchased for $3.50 with a credit/debit card from one of the parking permit dispensers located throughout the campus or with cash at the Parking Kiosk on Rossow Street. This permit must be displayed on the dash and is valid on the day purchased and only in GENERAL lots before 5:00 pm, or in any STAFF lot after 5:00 pm. It is not valid at a parking meter.

Visitors and guests may utilize 10-hour parking meters on Rossow and B Streets at a cost of $.75 per hour. Short-term meters are also on Mill Street, Plaza Avenue,on Harpst Street, and in the Library Lot.

See map for permit dispenser and lot locations.

Parking information and assistance may be obtained at the Parking & Commuter Services Kiosk on Rossow Street (see the map below), Facilities Management (Parking & Commuter Services Headquarters) and the Parking & Commuter Services website. Parking & Commuter Services can also be reached by email or phone or (707) 826-3773. 

Streets around Humboldt campus (LK Wood Blvd, 14th Street, Union Street) and Redwood Park are the property of the City of Arcata. Their use for any event requires an application with City of Arcata. Visit City of Arcata Special Events website to obtain the appropriate event application. Questions should be directed to the City of Arcata at (707) 822-5951.

When a space is used for a purpose different than its intended purpose a State Fire Marshal’s Special Event Application And Permit is required. Examples of such events are California Big Time, Center Arts concerts in the West Gym. Humboldt's Facilities Management department representative will assist you with completing the permitting process when a determination is made that your event requires the State Fire Marshal's special event permit.